Friday, January 16, 2015

Altered Calendar Challenge



You start with a cheap calendar and then you go to town altering it as you see fit, including the monthly challenge. 

I really don't get excited about Monet (so not my taste) so I chose one of his calendars to paint over. 


The poor man is probably rolling in his grave.

His pretty painting of sailboats:


My take on it :)


I'm including this photo to show that the wings are crackle painted as per the January challenge. The clear crackle really didn't add much to the composition at all aside from shine and a little texture. I'll be sure to use a colored crackle if I try it again. Also, I used my french book script stamp to add book text to the image in a very subtle way. My goal was to keep the original art as 'intact' as possible while altering it radically.

And I think it's safe to say that collaborating with a 15 year old boy who is drawn to horror themes has really rubbed off on me. LOL

6 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

tee hee.. I thought the same as I painted mine, I chose an old masters calendar and those poor old guys must wonder what they did wrong for me to alter their art so terribly haha

love your macabre version, very clever take on the original i think.

Penny said...

OMGosh, how utterly fabulous! I love what you did with your altered calendar, and I bet Monet is impressed, too! ;^)
This is really stunning! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Carmen said...

This has made me chuckle a LOT! :P Brilliant take on the challenge Nicole x

Anonymous said...

Wow that is one hell of a transformation! Superb! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so clever - although sorry, I can't agree with you about Monet having visited the Orangerie in Paris! I still love what you have done!!! Chrisx

APG Jamie said...

you sure made it an exciting change Well done