Monday, August 11, 2014

How Far Can You Go? Original Collage


As I'm sure some of you know, my husband is a triathlete. He's currently training for a half-ironman in St. Croix.


So we are living eating and breathing endurance sports. And it's coming out in my art.



A real challenge with collage work is making art that would be suitable to add to a man's collection. Let's face it, a lot of it is pretty girly. 


I think I met my goal on making a masculine collage that still incorporates all the elements and techniques that make up my work. 


Do you have an endurance athlete in your life? Is your spouse sporty? How about you? Do you do sweaty things?


4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the background and the colours. Great collage Nicole and no, I don't like sport and avoid it at all cost ! !!! lol
Corrie x

Rachael said...

As always, your work inspires me a great deal. Not so much the subject matter in this piece (I don't cycle) but I adore your use of color.
Wonderful!
http://rachaelshandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/

BettyAnn Maki said...

That is so good, I really like it. Looks like Chris.

Penny said...

So cool, Nicole, and very masculine! Love the entire design, colors, and sentiment! Great tribute to your hubby, who looks extremely fit! :^)

My hubby is also fit, especially for a 66-yr. old--19.5% body fat. He exercises for two hours about five times a week, does yoga for an hour just about every day, swims, plays tennis, bowls, and occasionally golfs. He is a sporty guy. Unfortunately, he didn't marry a very sporty gal, lol! I used to bowl and golf and swim; now I just mostly lift weights. I really do not like to sweat!!! ;^)
Hugs, Penny