Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making Treats Special with Washi Tape


I was bringing treats to a friend's celebration and wanted her to feel especially loved.
And you know, for us crafty types, nothing says love like tiny washi flags. LOL.


I wasn't going to post this because it's a well-known idea at this point but just in case, I thought I'd share anyway. All you do is trim the end off a skewer with scissors, sit it in the middle of a piece of washi tape,  line up the short edges and seal the tape into a two-sided tab, trim a notch in it for the flag shape. Done!


As far as cupcake toppers go, they are the most effective in my opinion. 
Don't they just scream, "PARTY"?

(does your fridge have a giant coil in it? It's so weird!)



These look great in mini sausages, holding finger sandwiches together or skewering veggies in a bloody mary. Put all that washi you're hoarding to good use and make someone's day :-)


1 comment:

Dagmar said...

jummy - it´s looks so beautiful!