Monday, October 8, 2012

Evolving Card Design: Part Two

So, yeah... since I needed to straighten out all the mixed-up chaos, and I'm still having fun playing with this design, I made a second card, this one is for the WCMD 2012 Challenge 4: Scene It Challenge.

I really want a unicorn, but to be honest I think a Pegasus would be even better - you could fly! Or maybe a dragon... gosh, the strep throat has gone to my head and you're hearing my thought patterns now... You're welcome!
 

For this card I used the heat embossed chevrons again but all in tumbled glass distress ink going much darker on the card base edges. I chose a sunny colored washi tape and added a unicorn. I think the unicorn and the dirt path he's running on really brings the scene together. This card will be going to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to cheer up someone who's fighting breast cancer (or whose mom is). There was a Hope You Can Cling To challenge to make a card for kids and I really enjoyed it. I don't often make kids cards and it's a lot of fun.


Okay, if you're still reading, THANK YOU.

It takes a certain type of AWESOME to plow through this sort of Monday Morning meandering.

Warmly,
~~~Nicole

2 comments:

Sudha said...

So cute. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Suze said...

Anything unicorn I love. It's a beautiful card!
I found your blog through another's..and I'm glad you did..I'm sure I'll spend the rest of my coffee/blog time reading. :)