Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wire Love Stitched Wall Art

  
Here is a project I made back in December. I was goofing around with wire trying to get the hang of bending it fluidly. 


This was a lot of fun in a very strange way. 



The wire I'm using can be found in the rebar section of Home Depot, I think it's called tie wire - but don't hold me on this.  A large roll is about four dollars. Be careful though, it's lubricated so you need to wipe it off as you uncoil it. It looks like this:


I followed Jen Swift's tutorial to bend the word 'Love' and then went off and did my own thing with it. 


It's a little bit on the cutesy side of things for my taste but I kind of love it. Wire+fabric has really captured my heart.







5 comments:

Jen said...

I think this is one of THE CUTEST things I've ever seen!!! It really looks like the perfect blend of whimsical/patchwork/wire sculpture! Thanks so much for both the shout out and for the link! I really love it! Would you mind if I posted it next time I blog?

Jessie K said...

That is adorable! I don't think it's "cutesy" at all!

donna!ee said...

really enjoy this. diggin the stitching & wire & colors...thank you much for sharing this technique! :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Stunning Nicole!! LOVE the LOVE! ;) The colors are amazing.

SWOON!

Hope you are well!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog. Your creative mind is amazing. I really enjoy seeing what you come up!