Friday, January 21, 2011

Using up my Remnants and RAKs

Are you getting tired of all my Art Gallery Fabric sewing posts yet? I promise, I'm done... well... there are a few 1x1 and 2x2 pieces that might make it onto card but I'm more of less done. This pillow is made up of the final bits of fabric I had left from the lovely fat quarters I got. 

I was sewing them into a single piece - seemed easier to store that way - and Brayden commented that it would make a nice pillow front. Smart kid that one. So some dental floss, fabric covered button making, stabbed fingers and a few swear words later I had a pillow I'm really proud of. 


My sweetie came home late last night and promptly fell asleep on it so I guess it makes the cut.

And where did I rest of the fabric go? I went a little scarf crazy. Okay, a lot scarf crazy. I'm doing this Pay it Forward thing in 2011 and I thought some of my cold-climate compadres might like warmer necks. 


Pretty.

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

You are doing such a great job! How fun that pillow is! Love the button detail! Your friends will LOVE the scarves!

Jenn said...

I love the colors in the pillow! My question to you is what can you not do? :)
Have a wonderful day!

Juls said...

I am loving your sewing posts....it makes me want to get out my sewing machine again!!! Loving your cushion!hugs Juls

Edie van den Ordel said...

Oh I love the colors on these!! you make me wish I had the patience to learn how to sew.

Tara said...

this are just downright awesome! i'm still trying to figure out what to make for my RAKs, and you're already done! you rock, as usual!