Saturday, September 25, 2010

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge

Yay! Today is the Papertrey Blog Hop!
One of the most fun things about this hobby is the people you meet, whether in person or online, and the things you learn from them.  Now is your chance to show off any skills you might have learned from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration they have provided.  Create a project using one of your favorite learned skills and perhaps after a little blog hopping, we will ALL learn some new tips and tricks and continue to pass on the love of this hobby!

The person I have been learning a huge amount from lately is Michelle Wooderson of Mish Mash. I've recently used her tutorial to make decorative clothespins, and I was inspired by how she stamps on shipping tags when I made these card sets.

This morning while trying to get a present for my sweet friend Lisa out the door in record time I needed to think of a way to make it special... FAST. Michelle's use of brown paper bags for packaging mixed with her shipping tags came to the rescue. I was able use my new Everyday Treats stamps for the main image and I was done in less than ten minutes.

(click to see it bigger)

Wanna see her present? It's okay, she already knows what's coming.



28 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh she will totally love that present!

Kathi said...

That present is amazing. She'll love it. I love the wrappers, the tag, the whole thing.

Aimes said...

What a fab pressie - I know I'd love both that and the packaging :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Rhonda said...

Love the tag and bag. What a great gift.

Anonymous said...

Nice!
Love what you've done here and love to see artist's of many mediums!
Love your blog header...and speaking of heads..love those red locks of yours! =o)

Leah!

Mandy said...

What a great gift! Fabulously packaged! :)

Sue Ann said...

I wish my name was Lisa and you were coming to my house with that fab bag and seam binding ........ BEAUTIFUL ........ LOVE IT ALL!!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...want some of that stash! Lovely bag creation in a pretty color mix!

jen said...

FUN!!!! She'll LOVE her present!!!! Lucky girl!

Kelly S. said...

Love your sweet little tag, and that is one awesome present...what beautiful colors!

klarcher said...

What a friend you are, terrific gift and wonderful tag

Marge said...

This is fabulous -- hope you accidentally put my address on there!!! LOL!!!

Jen Carter said...

Love the clothespin and tag! Those are super cute! What a fabulous present too!

peggysue said...

Oh sweet! I want that present! Cute little bag and tag.

Cassie_lu said...

what a fun way to gift wrap a present.

Laura Isham said...

Ack! its adorable! love that crinkle ribbon. gotta get me some of it at Mish's etsy store. your friend will be very pleased indeed

Nerina said...

Ten minutes??? Ten well spent! Love all the colour and the gorgeous peg holding it together! (Love the present too :0)!

Ravengirl said...

Oh my goodness, that is such cute idea! I have to prepare baby shower prizes for next weekend and I think I know how I will be packaging them now!

Kristii said...

What an awesome gift and the packaging turned out perfectly!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Aubrey said...

I really enjoy your blog and your style....it's very inspiring and fun!

Therefore I would love to give you the "A Blog with Substance Award"

If you would like you can pick up the award at my blog. If not, just know your blog has impact and is a joy to read!

Blessings,
Aubrey
aubrey-transformed.blogspot.com

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lucky Lisa!

She gets this pretty bag AND all that wonderful wrinkled ribbon you made last week.

DF said...

Very nice packaging job!

Babies-Beth said...

Well, the bag and tag are great, the the present is the best thing, lol lol lol!! What beautiful ribbon!

Taheerah said...

Cool present and really pretty packaging to boot!

TLF said...

Awesome.. so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this matter. The only thing this blog needs is a few pictures of some devices.

Jeff Kripke
mobile phone zapper

Beansieleigh said...

Wow.. this is my first time here, and I've read back quite a bit (now I have to RACE to get ready for church! ha! ha!).. but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the crafts I see here, and I'd love to make a fall wreath like yours from.. what??.. PAPER TOWELS?! I am homeschooling my son for the first year, and am eagre to hear from anyone else who does... I love to bake, and my gosh all those flavored popcorns looked so GOOD! I'm now a follower, and look forward to visiting again! Have a great weekend! ~tina

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Nicole I just love your blog and all your projects, I have so many I want to try!!!

I have given you the versitile blogger award and you can see it here: http://afullcottage.blogspot.com/2010/10/absentee-blogger-and-versatile-blogger.html

:) Michelle