Friday, June 25, 2010

Playing with Paint

I am officially calling this canvas "done" as I can diddle around and cover it over in gesso and start over for just about ever. This piece features a number of Fashion Graffiti products by Tulip, ephemera and large punchinella from Gauche Alchemy and techniques learned in the Graffiti Chic course I took from Alisa Burke (by the way, all her classes are 10 dollars off right now).


One neat thing we do around our house is we have an Art in Progress Corner. When someone wants to paint they just grab one of the canvases, work on it and then hang it back up to dry. It's really fun watching the area evolve and the colors change as pieces come and go. Plus, it relieves the pressure of having to finish or (even worse) wanting a painting to be "perfect". The whole concept of "in progress" has really brought back the play aspect of making art.



Hope you have a great weekend :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the painting in progress Idea. What a fun idea!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Love this painting! So many details to take in ;D Plus the Art in Progress wall is another truly awesome idea. Fabulous!

Carmen said...

I tell you what. That is one flipping amazing idea of yours. Actually, I should say, one of many! :P

Love this canvas. I'm really enjoying that course and have already used it on so many things... my dd's 13th birthday present (a canvas also) Decorating the cover of my journal, some ATC's...

I also have to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Pam Carrikers blog the other day with your post. I have had her page constantly open ever since and am just reading and reading and reading. Loving it, can't believe I never heard of her!

Darcy Marshall said...

love this idea, wish i had more people in my house to play.

Kas said...

GREAT! I think its way cool. Since I am always changing things on my projects....they would all be on that way. lol